Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Mary"

So it's nearly a month later and I'm just now posting my second entry.  I've thought about it many times but not written.  Truth be told, I'm probably like a lot of people.  I give daily thanks and praise when things are going well, but feel the need to write when things are a bit tougher.  I've been struggling emotionally for the last few days.  I've had some struggles at work as well as at home and on top of it, I've been sick.  I'm one woman with way too much going on!

I'm grateful tonight for a coworker who took time out of her day to engage me in a conversation about some personal and professional frustrations I'm going through--I'll call her Mary.  She listened, empathized, and expressed a desire to help or make things better.  As I told her, I tend to be pretty bad at putting on my own lifejacket first, so to speak.  My habits of being a worrier, not managing stress well, and not practicing self-care have led to a pretty high stress level that leaves me exhausted a lot of the time.  Having someone who expresses an interest and caring in a respectful way is such a wonderful gift.  For a little bit today, the anxiety and frustration lessened.  My job continues to give me wonderful opportunities and fulfillment.  I am so fortunate in that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment