Tuesday, February 11, 2014

In serious need.

So to say I'm struggling tonight doesn't quite capture the pain of it.  I have been struggling emotionally for days. My son is in the middle of transition, preparing to move in with my husband in another state.  In the last twenty four hours I've been hit with two big pieces of painful news, and I feel like my plate is so absolutely full I'm going to break.

I don't think I can handle any more than this.

When I get in an emotional place like this I have trouble being grateful for what I have.  Everything seems like a concern.  Health concerns.  Financial concerns.  Relationship concerns.  Child and family concerns.

What the hell?  What the hell ISN'T a concern???

Breathe.  I can breathe.  I am grateful for the ability to breathe in and out, to slow my anxiety.  I am grateful to feel air deep in my lungs, clean and fresh.  I am grateful that I have lungs that are healthy, that work fully, and allow me to breathe without burden.

No comments:

Post a Comment